Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Bad Idea, Take 87 Billion And One

I'm posting from the Apple Store at Waikiki, first time I've had enough online time to fire off a blog post all vacation. But I'll be damned if I let this place go a week and a half without an update. I've been keeping a near-daily upkeep since I began the blog in February, and the only reason I haven't gotten anything off since Tuesday is due to lack of having Internet access at all.

But, it's still got to be quick.

So... the dollar coin. You hate it. You've rejected it 87 billion times, and even so, a few sad, sad vending machines out there are still trying to get you to bring them your golden Sacajawea coins.

Perhaps you'd be interested if-- no, no, you won't be interested. But here's an Abe Lincoln dollar coin anyway that will serve to win you many bar bets by asking what coin Abe Lincoln is on, and get you in many bar fights by trying to actually use it as currency.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's some props to your commitment. Don't worry too much about not finding Wi-fi... I'm sure there is a BEACH somewhere that might take your mind off.

That said, as much as Abe is a hero of mine, coin money sucks! The one redeeming factor is not having to worry about a wrinkly old dollar bill not sliding into the Red Bull vending machine.