Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Rapid-Fire Book Club, Extra Baggage Edition

I suppose, after a week away in Los Angeles, that the first thing I do upon my return should be to update the Rapid-Fire Book Club and note for posterity the books that have been brought back to Wisconsin.

Turns out this is a large task. Last time I was in LA, I brought back six books. This time it was eight. I lose control of myself just a little bit in LA bookstores, it turns out.

There was also an ESPN Magazine to read on the plane down (the books that were supposed to last me until then kind of.... didn't), but come on, we're not counting that.

So let's get to steppin' here.

*Doyle, John- The World Is A Ball: The Joy, Madness, and Meaning of Soccer
*Holkins, Jerry, and Krahulik, Mike- Magical Kids In Danger (Penny Arcade's 8th collection of old strips)
*Jackson, Joe- The Thief At The End Of The World: Rubber, Power and the Seeds of Empire
*Martin, Demetri- Point Your Face At This
*Needham, Hal- Stuntman!: My Car-Crashing, Plane-Jumping, Bone-Breaking, Death-Defying Hollywood Life
*Rajesh, Monisha- Around India In 80 Trains
*Rose, David- Sexually, I'm More Of A Switzerland: More Personal Ads from the London Review of Books
*Ward, Geoffrey C.- A Disposition To Be Rich: Ferdinand Ward, the Greatest Swindler of the Gilded Age

No comments: