Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Rapid-Fire Book Club, It's Winter Somewhere Edition

So last night, there was this sale on children's books at TriBeCa, a bookstore/cafe here in town, and after my family went out to dinner, we dropped my brother Erik and my sister-in-law Erica off to poke around in there and see if they could find anything for my nephew Mason, and then we just kind of drove around the neighborhood while we waited.

We drove around for a bit.

We kept driving around for a bit.

Then we parked and I went in to see how they were doing.

Then I poked around, found a book, got it bought and resumed waiting while they kept poking around and apparently Erica got herself a coffee somewhere in there.

Among their books bought- the only one I happened to get the name of- is Where In The World Is Henry? by Lorna and Lecia Balian. The book I got is The Man Who Ate His Boots: The Tragic History Of The Search For The Northwest Passage by Anthony Brandt.

I'm not yet sure if I'm going to find Henry eating his boots in the Arctic somewhere, but I guess I'll find out.

No comments: