Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Rapid-Fire Book Club, Minnesota Roadtrip Edition

As is custom here at Random Human Neural Firings, every time I buy a book intended for personal use, you hear about it. I figure that, me not being Oprah, the best and most direct endorsement of a book I can possibly give is me using my own money to buy the thing. Also, it's a window into what makes me tick.

Today's additions to the bookshelf, all acquired over the course of the Minnesota roadtrip:

Deliver the Vote: A History of Election Fraud, an American Political Tradition- 1742-2004; Campbell, Terry
God Made Me Do It: True Stories of the Worst Advice the Lord Has Ever Given His Followers; Hartzman, Marc
Soccer Against the Enemy: How The World's Most Popular Sport Starts and Fuels Revolutions and Keeps Dictators in Power; Kuper, Simon
Lost on Planet China: The Strange and True Story of One Man's Attempt to Understand the World's Most Mystifying Nation (Or How He Became Comfortable Eating Live Squid); Troost, J. Maarten

No comments: