Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Switch

It's one of those 'cancer' days on my end, specifically one in which I am quickly going mad, in more than one sense of the word, regarding attempting to get my family leave application approved by the company Walmart uses for worker claims, Sedgwick. (Link provided to their homepage in case you've never heard of them.) Suffice to say I have had to jump through more hoops with Sedgwick than your average dog show, and I've already had them deny one claim on me when my knees started popping and cracking (they claimed that my doctor, who had diagnosed osteoarthritis, aka something you normally get in your 50's or 60's as opposed to your 20's, had not specified enough types of treatment of the condition), meaning I'm already rather distrustful of them.

If you would like to experience madness like mine, here is an article about how 51% of Americans are either 'not too confident' or 'not at all confident' that the Big Bang is a thing that happened. You will also see 42% say the same about evolution, 37% about global warming, 36% express doubt that the Earth is 4.5 billion years old, 15% express distrust of childhood vaccines, 8% doubt that DNA is a thing, and 4% of people that are skeptical that smoking causes cancer.

No comments: